About the Church

Welcome to the new website for Faith Church of Grove, OK! My hope is that through this web site that God would be glorified. The church is God’s messenger on earth to spread the gospel of Christ. We invite you to come and worship with us each Sunday. For we are a community church where the whole gospel is preached in kindness and love. You matter to God and you matter to us.

“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”

ECCLESIASTES 4: 12

.

www.FaithChurchofGrove.com

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunday August 7 2016

The sermon was "Love The Helper"

 This a continuing message about the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is our main Helper, many churches do not preach on the Holy Spirit or stress the great importance of the Holy Spirit in our daily lives. I know from personal experience the great importance of the Holy Spirit in my life. I could not do what I have done or do in the future without the Holy Spirit and the Big Angels that protect us every day.

John 14:26 NKJV Jesus is speaking: "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name. He will teach you all things, and bring to you remembrance all things that I said to you"

 John 14:26-31 (NASB)
26  "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
27  "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.
28  "You heard that I said to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you.' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
29  "Now I have told you before it happens, so that when it happens, you may believe.
30  "I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;
31  but so that the world may know that I love the Father, I do exactly as the Father commanded Me. Get up, let us go from here.  


  Helper--Advocate--Paraciete

Paraciete ="Intercession of the Holy Spirit"
 Persuasive manner what he might intend to say. The intercession of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:26) is easily illustrated by this adaptation of the term.

Romans 8:26-36 (NASB)
26  In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
27  and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
28  And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
29  For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;
30  and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
31  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?
32  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?
33  Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies;
34  who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.
35  Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36  Just as it is written, "FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG; WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED."
 



What is a helper?  Many things  - also a Second set of Eyes
-Writers, window cleaners – Chef Pierre  & the Silver Spoon Restaurant.

Concept of a helper goes back to Gen 2:18 – Eve – a helpmeet.
 
2 Kings 14:26  For the Lord saw that the affliction of Israel was very bitter; and whether bond or free, there was no helper for Israel.

2 Kings 14:26 (NASB)
26  For the LORD saw the affliction of Israel, which was very bitter; for there was neither bond nor free, nor was there any helper for Israel.

Second Set of Eyes

Psalms 30:10  Hear, O Lord, and have mercy on me; Lord, be my helper!  
 
The Monthly Fun & Birthday Celebration has been cancelled for August and will resume in September.

Please continue praying for  George & Oleta McGee and the rest of the Faith Church's family!

Please continue praying for Pastor John and his family in Pakistan, their lives are in great danger because the state of the country right now.


  






No comments:

Post a Comment