About the Church

Welcome to the new website for Faith Church of Grove, OK! My hope is that through this web site that God would be glorified. The church is God’s messenger on earth to spread the gospel of Christ. We invite you to come and worship with us each Sunday. For we are a community church where the whole gospel is preached in kindness and love. You matter to God and you matter to us.

“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”

ECCLESIASTES 4: 12

.

www.FaithChurchofGrove.com

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Sunday April 22 2018

Sermon : “Apart from Me, You can do Nothing”
      Pastor Kim Wenzel

Apart from Me, you Can do Nothing

John 16:7  But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

- Spiritual work requires the Holy Spirit

- Spiritual influence (miracle) comes from the Spirit - inspiring the mind and heart in spiritual issues. Preaching the gospel effectively is impossible if you do not have the Holy Spirit.

- The Holy Spirit gives us the words and works out the ways.

Matthew 10:18-20   
18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

- The Holy Spirit gives us the resources we need for the job.

 Religion is what happens when the Spirit has left the building - Bono

Today's Verse
Matthew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment