About the Church

Welcome to the new website for Faith Church of Grove, OK! My hope is that through this web site that God would be glorified. The church is God’s messenger on earth to spread the gospel of Christ. We invite you to come and worship with us each Sunday. For we are a community church where the whole gospel is preached in kindness and love. You matter to God and you matter to us.

“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”

ECCLESIASTES 4: 12

.

www.FaithChurchofGrove.com

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sunday May 6 2018

Sermon : "More Holy Spirit"
    Pastor Kim Wenzel

More Holy Spirit

Basic ideas on allowing more Holy Spirit influence into our lives.

The Gift Of his Peace

John 14: 25-32 NKJV 
25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 28 You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said,[e] ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.
29 “And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe. 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me. 31 But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here.

Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseparably. Holy Spirit illuminates Jesus and His message!

The more we understand the Gospel, the more we share the Gospel, the more the Holy Spirit is involved.

The Baptism Of Jesus
 
Luke 3:21-22 NIV When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.

Do you believe Father is well pleased with you? Do you believe Father loves you?

More Holy Spirit involvement is dependent upon greater belief.

Paul's Prayer For Spiritual Growth
 
Ephesians 3:14-21 NLT  
14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,[e] 15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.[f] 16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power (Holy Spirit) that comes from God.
20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.

Believing Jesus loves us beyond measure allows the Holy Spirit more freedom to work through us.

The Law And Faith in Christ
 
Galatians 3:1-5 NLT   
1 Oh, foolish Galatians! Who has cast an evil spell on you? For the meaning of Jesus Christ’s death was made as clear to you as if you had seen a picture of his death on the cross. Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ. How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort? Have you experienced[a] so much for nothing? Surely it was not in vain, was it?
I ask you again, does God give you the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you because you obey the law? Of course not! It is because you believe the message you heard about Christ.

Footnotes 
e. John 14:25-31 NU-Text omits I said.
e. Ephesians 3:14 Some manuscripts read the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  
f. Ephesians 3:15 Or from whom every family in heaven and on earth takes its name.
a. Galatians 3:4  Or Have you suffered.  
       
Do we want more tangible results of the Holy Spirit in our lives - then we need to deepen our belief, and act on that greater faith!

Being a spectator Christian is a spiritless life.

Just A Note

The Holy Spirit is mentioned 352 times in the bible, 88 times in the Old Testament. Of the 264 New Testament references to the Holy Spirit – 60 or more appear in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, 57 references are in Acts, 132 references in the epistles and the Revelation, references in every epistle except Philemon, 2 John and 3 John, 22 references in Romans and 17 references in 1 Corinthians.

 Today's Verse
   Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment