About the Church

Welcome to the new website for Faith Church of Grove, OK! My hope is that through this web site that God would be glorified. The church is God’s messenger on earth to spread the gospel of Christ. We invite you to come and worship with us each Sunday. For we are a community church where the whole gospel is preached in kindness and love. You matter to God and you matter to us.

“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”

ECCLESIASTES 4: 12

.

www.FaithChurchofGrove.com

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sunday November 20 2016

Today's Sermon "We Are The House Of Prayer"

Pastor Kim's Sermon Notes
A continuance of last weeks Sermon.

Do we have Jesus' joy when we pray?

 Faith Church is a Praying Church!

Remember GOD answers Prayer!!

Our body is Personally a House of Prayer in which the Holy Spirit Dwells!! 


Isaiah 56:7 
7 These I will bring to My Holy Mountain and give them Joy in My House of Prayer.
their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on My alter; For my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations."

Rewards For Obedience To GOD

 Isaiah 56:1-7 (NASB)
1  Thus says the LORD, "Preserve justice and do righteousness, For My salvation is about to come And My righteousness to be revealed.
2  "How blessed is the man who does this, And the son of man who takes hold of it; Who keeps from profaning the Sabbath, And keeps his hand from doing any evil."
3  Let not the foreigner who has joined himself to the LORD say, "The LORD will surely separate me from His people." Nor let the eunuch say, "Behold, I am a dry tree."
4  For thus says the LORD, "To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths, And choose what pleases Me, And hold fast My covenant,
5  To them I will give in My house and within My walls a memorial, And a name better than that of sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name which will not be cut off.
6  "Also the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, To minister to Him, and to love the name of the LORD, To be His servants, every one who keeps from profaning the sabbath And holds fast My covenant;
7  Even those I will bring to My holy mountain And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar; For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples."


Guy Penrod or Matthew West -- Will fill the building!
But schedule a Prayer Concert _ And not so much!

Rev 3:14-19
14 "Write this letter to the Angel of the church in Laodicea. This is the message from the one who is the Amen-- the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's new creation;
15 I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other!
16 But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!
17 You say, "I am rich, I have everything I want. I don't need a thing!" And you don't realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked.18 So I adsvise you to buy gold from me- gold that has been purified by fire. Then you will be rich. Also buy white garments from me so you will not be shamed by your nakedness, and ointment for your eyes so you will be able to see.
19 I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference.

Message To Laodicea

Revelation 3:14-22 (NASB)
14  "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this:
15  'I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot.
16  'So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.
17  'Because you say, "I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked,
18  I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.
19  'Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

20  'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.
21  'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
22  'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'"


Remember We Are A House of Prayer! 

We Are Personally a House of Prayer, After we receive Jesus Christ as Savior, we become the temple of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Says 'Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own."

The Body is the Lord's

 1 Corinthians 6:12-20 (NASB)
12  All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything.
13  Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, but God will do away with both of them. Yet the body is not for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body.
14  Now God has not only raised the Lord, but will also raise us up through His power.
15  Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? May it never be!
16  Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, "THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH."
17  But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
18  Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body.
19  Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?
20  For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body. 


The Church is a House of Prayer, As we assemble together we are the corporate expression of prayer.

 Matthew 18:15-20
20 "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

 Discipline and Prayer 

 Matthew 18:15-20 (NASB)
15  "If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother.
16  "But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that BY THE MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES EVERY FACT MAY BE CONFIRMED.
17  "If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.
18  "Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.
19  "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.
20  "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."


Hebrews 10:24-25
24  And let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
25  not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
 


A New and Living Way

 Hebrews 10:19-25 (NASB)
19  Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,
20  by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21  and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
22  let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
23  Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;
24  and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
25  not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
 


1 Peter 2:5
5 you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

As Living Stones

 1 Peter 2:4-12 (NASB)
4  And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God,
5  you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
6  For this is contained in Scripture: "BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A CHOICE STONE, A PRECIOUS CORNER stone, AND HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."
7  This precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for those who disbelieve, "THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE VERY CORNER stone,"
8  and, "A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE"; for they stumble because they are disobedient to the word, and to this doom they were also appointed.
9  But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
10  for you once were NOT A PEOPLE, but now you are THE PEOPLE OF GOD; you had NOT RECEIVED MERCY, but now you have RECEIVED MERCY.
11  Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts which wage war against the soul.
12  Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.
 


 Faith Church is a Praying Church!

Please pray for all the persecuted Christians around the World!
Pray for Pastor John in Pakistan!
Pray for all that need healing!
Pray that we may be able to reach out and touch people with God's Message and encourage them to come to Faith Church!
Pray for the continued blessing of Faith Church that we may continue to grow and prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment