About the Church

Welcome to the new website for Faith Church of Grove, OK! My hope is that through this web site that God would be glorified. The church is God’s messenger on earth to spread the gospel of Christ. We invite you to come and worship with us each Sunday. For we are a community church where the whole gospel is preached in kindness and love. You matter to God and you matter to us.

“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”

ECCLESIASTES 4: 12

.

www.FaithChurchofGrove.com

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sunday November 27 2016

The Sermon Today was “Gratitude for What We Have”

Pastor Kim's sermon Notes

Humility and Gratitude

1 Timothy 2:8-10 (NKJV)
I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere,  lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting;
9 In like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing,
10 but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works.

A Call To Prayer

 1 Timothy 2:1-15 (NASB)
1  First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,
2  for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.
3  This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
4  who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
5  For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
6  who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.
7  For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
8  Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension. 


Women Instructed

9  Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments,
10  but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.
11  A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness.
12  But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
13  For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.
14  And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
15  But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.
 


1. God owes us NOTHING! 
2. The World owes us NOTHING!  
3. America owes us NOTHING!

Acts 24:24-25
 24  And after some days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was Jewish, he sent for Paul and heard him concerning the faith in Christ Jesus.
25  Now as he reasoned about righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and answered, "Go away for now; when I have a convenient time I will call for you." 


  Acts 24:1-27 (NASB)
1  After five days the high priest Ananias came down with some elders, with an attorney named Tertullus, and they brought charges to the governor against Paul.
2  After Paul had been summoned, Tertullus began to accuse him, saying to the governor, "Since we have through you attained much peace, and since by your providence reforms are being carried out for this nation,
3  we acknowledge this in every way and everywhere, most excellent Felix, with all thankfulness.
4  "But, that I may not weary you any further, I beg you to grant us, by your kindness, a brief hearing.
5  "For we have found this man a real pest and a fellow who stirs up dissension among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes.
6  "And he even tried to desecrate the temple; and then we arrested him. [We wanted to judge him according to our own Law.
7  "But Lysias the commander came along, and with much violence took him out of our hands,
8  ordering his accusers to come before you.] By examining him yourself concerning all these matters you will be able to ascertain the things of which we accuse him."
9  The Jews also joined in the attack, asserting that these things were so.
10  When the governor had nodded for him to speak, Paul responded: "Knowing that for many years you have been a judge to this nation, I cheerfully make my defense,
11  since you can take note of the fact that no more than twelve days ago I went up to Jerusalem to worship.
12  "Neither in the temple, nor in the synagogues, nor in the city itself did they find me carrying on a discussion with anyone or causing a riot.
13  "Nor can they prove to you the charges of which they now accuse me.
14  "But this I admit to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect I do serve the God of our fathers, believing everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets;
15  having a hope in God, which these men cherish themselves, that there shall certainly be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.
16  "In view of this, I also do my best to maintain always a blameless conscience both before God and before men.
17  "Now after several years I came to bring alms to my nation and to present offerings;
18  in which they found me occupied in the temple, having been purified, without any crowd or uproar. But there were some Jews from Asia—
19  who ought to have been present before you and to make accusation, if they should have anything against me.
20  "Or else let these men themselves tell what misdeed they found when I stood before the Council,
21  other than for this one statement which I shouted out while standing among them, 'For the resurrection of the dead I am on trial before you today.'"
22  But Felix, having a more exact knowledge about the Way, put them off, saying, "When Lysias the commander comes down, I will decide your case."
23  Then he gave orders to the centurion for him to be kept in custody and yet have some freedom, and not to prevent any of his friends from ministering to him.
24  But some days later Felix arrived with Drusilla, his wife who was a Jewess, and sent for Paul and heard him speak about faith in Christ Jesus.
25  But as he was discussing righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix became frightened and said, "Go away for the present, and when I find time I will summon you."
26  At the same time too, he was hoping that money would be given him by Paul; therefore he also used to send for him quite often and converse with him.
27  But after two years had passed, Felix was succeeded by Porcius Festus, and wishing to do the Jews a favor, Felix left Paul imprisoned. 


2 Timothy 3:2-3
 2  For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy.
Unloving,unforgiving , slanders, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good. 


  2 Timothy 3:1-17 (NASB)
1  But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
2  For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3  unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good,
4  treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5  holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.
6  For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses,
7  always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8  Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of depraved mind, rejected in regard to the faith.
9  But they will not make further progress; for their folly will be obvious to all, just as Jannes's and Jambres's folly was also.
10  Now you followed my teaching, conduct, purpose, faith, patience, love, perseverance,
11  persecutions, and sufferings, such as happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium and at Lystra; what persecutions I endured, and out of them all the Lord rescued me!
12  Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.
13  But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
14  You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
15  and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16  All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
17  so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. 


Let's learn to be CONTENT in whatever state we find ourselves. 

Philippians 4:11-12 (NKJV)
11  Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content. 
12  I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound; Everywhere and in all things, I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.  

God's Provisions

 Philippians 4:10-23 (NASB)
10  But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned before, but you lacked opportunity.
11  Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.
12  I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.
13  I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
14  Nevertheless, you have done well to share with me in my affliction.
15  You yourselves also know, Philippians, that at the first preaching of the gospel, after I left Macedonia, no church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving but you alone;
16  for even in Thessalonica you sent a gift more than once for my needs.
17  Not that I seek the gift itself, but I seek for the profit which increases to your account.
18  But I have received everything in full and have an abundance; I am amply supplied, having received from Epaphroditus what you have sent, a fragrant aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well-pleasing to God.
19  And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
20  Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
21  Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren who are with me greet you.
22  All the saints greet you, especially those of Caesar's household.
23  The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.
 


December 18th, Sunday 4 pm – Fun Night & Monthly Birthday Celebration . Card Bingo & Potluck & bring an ornament to give. Everyone welcome!!

There will be no Women’s Bible Study at Faith Church in December.

 Put on your Calendar– Birthday Celebration on December 17th for Carol Teel’s 86th birthday at the Church. Details coming soon.

Decorating the Church—Friday Dec 2nd at 10:30am. Soup at the church for those helping.

Pray for our church members to be able to reach out and touch people with Gods message and encourage them to come to Faith Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment