About the Church

Welcome to the new website for Faith Church of Grove, OK! My hope is that through this web site that God would be glorified. The church is God’s messenger on earth to spread the gospel of Christ. We invite you to come and worship with us each Sunday. For we are a community church where the whole gospel is preached in kindness and love. You matter to God and you matter to us.

“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”

ECCLESIASTES 4: 12

.

www.FaithChurchofGrove.com

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sunday April 23 2017

This is the first in a 3 part series

Christian Meditation 1

Luke 5:13-16     13  Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” And immediately the leprosy left him.
14 Then Jesus ordered him, “Don’t tell anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them.”
15 Yet the news about him spread all the more, so that crowds of people came to hear him and to be healed of their sicknesses. 16 But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.      

Psalms 19:14  May these words of my mouth and this Meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalms 49:3  I will speak words of wisdom; the Meditation of my heart will give you understanding.

Psalms 104:34  May my Meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the Lord.
Kinds of Meditation
Surface Conscientiousness – Every day ho-hum (Meditation about every day things)

Deep Conscientiousness -  Deep and heartfelt. Thoughts and conversation with Father/Son  led by the Holy Spirit. Deeper – takes time. Requires thought on a more profound level. Try to block all outside interference and maintain a direct line with the Father!

Today's Verse
Titus 3:9-11
9-"But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. 10- After that, have nothing to do with him. 11-You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned."
 
 
Child of Faith
While here on earth our Savior said
Suffer little children to come unto me,
For of such is the kingdom of heaven,
And to enter there you must like them be.
You must have faith as a child
Implicit trust beyond degree
You must accept him as the way, the truth
Before his kingdom you can see.
A little child has no doubt
About its Mothers tender care
He has no fear of any thing
So long as his Mother is there.
O! give me the faith of a little child
The humility of his soul,
O! Give me the trust of his little heart
And I will safely reach my heavenly

No comments:

Post a Comment