About the Church

Welcome to the new website for Faith Church of Grove, OK! My hope is that through this web site that God would be glorified. The church is God’s messenger on earth to spread the gospel of Christ. We invite you to come and worship with us each Sunday. For we are a community church where the whole gospel is preached in kindness and love. You matter to God and you matter to us.

“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”

ECCLESIASTES 4: 12

.

www.FaithChurchofGrove.com

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sunday April 30 2017

Christian Meditation 2

Review: Luke 5:16  Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. As Paul also did.
Meditation must come from the heart!
 Psalm 19:14 (NASB)
14  Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.

  Psalm 49:3 (NASB)
3  My mouth will speak wisdom, And the meditation of my heart will be understanding.

 Psalm 104:34 (NASB)
34  Let my meditation be pleasing to Him; As for me, I shall be glad in the LORD.

Kinds of Meditation 
Surface Conscientiousness – Every day ho-hum (Meditation about every day things)

Deep Conscientiousness -  Deep and heartfelt. Thoughts and conversation with Father/Son  led by the Holy Spirit. Deeper – takes time. Requires thought on a more profound level. Try to block all outside interference and maintain a direct line with the Father

Meditation/Prayer (A time for complete silence)

Airline pilot and Major surgery – not so funny w/surface conscientiousness.

Pacific Ocean – Most people are ankle deep in Christianity

How do we go DEEP?

Jesus prayed often – How often for us?  I suggest 2 or 3 times a week.
                        - not at a rushed time

Withdrew – time and location – away from the daily routine.
-          separate from the norm – not usual prayer location
-          a quiet place – ear plugs

Set-up -  Where you can stay for a good period of time.
-          table perhaps, Bible, maybe a cross, maybe a candle
-          ear plugs, table, hard chair to stay awake.

Before Starting – No rush situation
-          Not hungry
-          Go to the bathroom
-          Settle yourself, think positive
-          Start with prayer and perhaps Bible reading
-          Then invite God to speak to you in any form
-          Listen with infinite patience

 Matthew 11:14-15
14  "And if you are willing to accept what I say, he is Elijah, the one the prophets said would come.
15  "Anyone with ears to hear,should listen and understand!

Today's Verse

Ecclesiastes 5:15
"Naked a man comes from his mother's womb, and as he comes, so he departs. He takes nothing from his labor that he can carry in his hand."

Old Satan and I
O’ What can I do, what can I say
To keep old Satan the devil away?
He is within me there is no doubt
And try as I may I can’t kick him out.
He is so subtle, he is so slick
He always can turn his tricks.
The harder I fight to put him to flight
The more cunning he is sure to be.
And just like a man I fall for his plan
And why I should do so I can hardly see,
And it is a fact when I follow his tact
He throws his gaff deep into me.
And when this he has done he thinks it great fun
And rears back and laughs with great glee.
O’ wretched man that I am who shall deliver me from this gloom? I thank our Lord through Jesus Christ,
Who arose triumphant from the tomb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment