About the Church

Welcome to the new website for Faith Church of Grove, OK! My hope is that through this web site that God would be glorified. The church is God’s messenger on earth to spread the gospel of Christ. We invite you to come and worship with us each Sunday. For we are a community church where the whole gospel is preached in kindness and love. You matter to God and you matter to us.

“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”

ECCLESIASTES 4: 12

.

www.FaithChurchofGrove.com

Sunday, February 25, 2018

More From Our Series on Forgiveness

(We must remember that Unforgiveness is EVIL)
We Must Forgive So We Are Forgiven!
Famous Quotes
'When you hold resentment toward another, You are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.' - Katherine Ponder

"Sincere forgiveness isn't colored with expectations that the other person apologize or change. Don't worry whether or not they finally understand you. Love them and release them. life feeds back truth to people in its own way and time-just like it does for you and me."- Sara Paddison

"Forgiveness is the giving, and so the receiving, of life." - George MacDonald 


"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you." - Louis B. Smedes

"We are all on a life long journey and the core of it’s meaning, the terrible demand of its centrality is forgiving and being forgiven." - Martha Kilpatrick

"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." - Mahatma Gandhi

"Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future." - Paul Boese

"It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend." - William Blake 


"He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass." - George Herbert 


"Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.”-Louis B. Smedes 


 A Prayer Claiming our Freedom in Jesus -Here is an Example
Father in heaven, it is in the powerful name of Jesus I come before you now, in deep repentance. I have found myself caught up in (name whatever yoke of bondage - bitterness, unforgiveness, resentment, spirit of revenge, hatred, victimization, fear, worry, anxiety, doubt, insecurity, abandonment, self-hatred, guilt, shame, etc), and I desire to ask for your forgiveness and the restoration of my freedom in Jesus.
Thank you, Father for the redeeming work of Jesus on the cross to set us free. We appreciate being washed by the blood of Jesus more than words can express. To be forgiven and live in the total freedom we have in Jesus with all eternity ahead of us is the greatest gift of all. So I come to you, Father, and repent of slipping out of my complete freedom into some foolish trap Satan may have set for me. In Jesus name I bind all the influence of Satan upon my mind, heart and spirit.
Father I recall scriptures like 1 John 3: 1 and Romans 8: 16-17 where I am called a child of God. In the name of Jesus I claim the full freedom you give to your children. I ask that all yokes of slavery be broken in my life and help me get back to living fully in the new mind, heart and healed spirit of the Kingdom. Father, help me to walk in life and give life away all to the glory of Jesus and yourself, Father! In my Lord Jesus' name I thank you, AMEN!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment